Stir-frying is a fun way to make a great meal. You use a wok, apply high heat, and stir frequently–it couldn’t be easier. Here’s one of my favorite stir-fry recipes for you to try this week!
Chicken-and-Veggie Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
• 1 white onion, cut into thin strips
• 2 cups pea pods
• 15 mushrooms, sliced
• 2 orange bell peppers, trimmed and cut into thin strips
• 3 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
• 5 Tbsp. peanut butter
• Black pepper to taste
• Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a wok.
2. Add the vegetables to the wok and cook over high heat.
3. When the vegetables are about three-quarters cooked, push them to once side of the wok.
4. Add the chicken to the open side of wok and cook over high heat until it’s cooked.
5. When the chicken is cooked, combine the chicken and vegetables.
6. Add the peanut butter and continue stirring until it has melted into a sauce.
7. Add black pepper and salt if you like.
Remember your mantra for today: NOURISHING MOVEMENT, NOURISHING FOOD, NOURISHING LIFE.