Maybe you’re having a hard day or hard week or hard year? In challenging times, mindset is everything. Three Thriving Mindset abilities in particular are helpful in trying times: courageousness, persistence, and resilience. One way to call on these abilities (which are inherent in each of us) is to use our words carefully, both in talking with ourselves and others.
The ability to do what you want to do when you are scared to do it.
How Courageous People Talk to Themselves and Others
• “I’m doing this. No matter what!”
• “What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”
• “What’s the worst thing that can happen? Let’s do this.”
The ability to keep going and going in the face of a challenge.
How Persistent People Talk to Themselves and Others
• “This is my craft. I love practicing this.”
• “I’m not done yet. I’m finishing this.”
• “Let’s keep going.”
The ability to bounce back strongly after a setback.
How Resilient People Talk to Themselves and Others
• “This isn’t going to stop me.”
• “Nothing is going to stop me!”
• “I’ll get it this time.”
Remember your mantra for today: NOURISHING MOVEMENT, NOURISHING FOOD, NOURISHING LIFE.