I heard a neat expression yesterday. Television is “telling lies to your vision”. Television can be great, we all know that. In fact, I watched for the first time last night a show “Derek” starring Ricky Gervais. It was really funny and a good way to cap off the evening. But we all also know that it’s easy to get sucked into watching television for hours on end and that it can be loaded with a lot of garbage. I want to inspire you to do something super cool with your free time today and this week. Here are a few ideas:
1. Go for a walk in your city/town. Take in all the cool buildings, revel in the nature around you (even in a big city, there are parks and rivers and the moon and the clouds, etc.), and connect with the people you run into.
2. Check out a documentary on a topic that fascinates you. Check out the events at your local library, museums, and other community centers. Have dinner after with those you went to the documentary with and talk about what you learned.
3. Check out some art. Go to a music show or check out an art gallery. Or go shopping for a piece of art that you really love that you can display in your home and see every day.
4. Spend time in nature. Go to the ocean, a lake, a trail in the woods, or a great part. Take pictures if you like. And maybe check out the sunset. That’s always nice.
5. Play board games with your family and friends. Clear off the table after dinner and break out your favorite game.
6. Volunteer at a school, library, soup kitchen, or other place where people could use your help. There are people who could really use your help right now and would really appreciate your help.
Remember your mantra for today: NOURISHING MOVEMENT, NOURISHING FOOD, NOURISHING LIFE.